Thursday, November 08, 2007

Psycho...I mean, cyclocross

With the advent of fall weather, you would think that cycling would end. But no. These somewhat crazy bike people managed to invent a new sport - cyclocross. From a spectator perspective, it's a 'cross' between road biking and mountain biking (I'm going out on a limb here but I guess that's how they came up with 'cyclocross.') Wyatt has taken it up and seems to really be enjoying it.

Here's Wyatt on the bike he uses for cyclocross. (It's actually a friend's bike - thanks, Ei.) Notice the knobby tires. They turn this road bike into a cyclocross bike.

2007_1102Mixofpictures0070

Now that you've seen the bike, it's time to see it in action:
2007_1102Mixofpictures0220
On grass.

2007_1102Mixofpictures0011
Contemplating a hill...

2007_1102Mixofpictures0012
He decided to run it down...wise boy. He knew his momma was a bit worried.

2007_1102Mixofpictures0136
This is one part of cyclocross that I just don't get. Why on earth would you want to CARRY your bike up a hill?

2007_1102Mixofpictures0119
A bike race must have spectators. Here are 2 of my favorite fans!

2007_1102Mixofpictures0230
And another one of my favorite fans!

No comments: