Note: He is not allowed to feed her anymore.

And here's another because she is just so darn cute with food all over her face!

Tonight, we had the opportunity to attend a Christmas tree raising here in the village. Since it was a balmy 24 degrees, I figured, "Why not!?" So the older 3 kiddos and I bundled up and headed out to see what it was all about.
This gathering was at a local B & B. When we arrived, we found a big tree on the ground with lots of people standing around. Refreshments were set up nearby. My kids quickly flocked to the table with the warm cider and brownies.
The tree was almost ready to go. The hole for the stump was dug and the lights were in place.

Some red ribbons were on the tree, too, in honor of our local firefighters.

There were 4 cables attached to the tree (being held by 4 individual people) and one rope that a very strong fireman had a hold of from the balcony of the b & b. When the order was given, he gave the ole heave-ho and lifted the tree.

People quickly aided those holding the cables until the tree was stabilized. Then the lights were lit...

and one of the local pastors, a firefighter himself, gave the benediction.

Of course, it took some time to get the tree just right and tightly secured. I thought I'd snap some photos of the crowd using my night lens function. The results were not what I intended.
See if you can find the 'Lady in White':

Another freaky see-through picture:

Since these scared me, I switched back to auto and took this picture of Dagny.

Phew, back to normal.
Before we left, everyone got to put a ribbon on the tree. Of course, then we had to take a picture so "You can put it on your blog, Mom."
Who am I to disappoint my kids?


No comments:
Post a Comment