Saturday, March 01, 2008

A Completely Gratuitous Post...

for my mother-in-law. Unfortunately, Mom is stuck in North Carolina this weekend. She is missing the wonderful winter weather we are experiencing in March and all of the fun that a large family brings into the world. (I suspect she is rather enjoying her peace and quiet!)

So, to make her feel like she is really here, I decided to share our Thursday evening with her. After a 2 hour flight and then an hour car ride through harrowing hills and turns, my father-in-law arrived at our abode to find our two youngest boys still awake and eager to play with him...just the sort of relaxing end to his long day that he was hoping for!

My father-in-law wasn't in the door 5 minutes and Levi had pulled out his Rescue Heroes to share with Grandpa.
Ready to play, Grandpa?

Then he found the fire truck.
This is your firetruck

Liam decided that it was time for some bedtime reading (I have no idea what happened in the corner of this picture. I'll let you all draw your own conclusions as to what it really is...or you can do what I'm doing and just ignore it.)...
Let's all play rescue heroes

which gave me an opportunity to catch the two Williams together.
Grandpa & Liam

Afterwards, Dieter and his father enjoyed a nice converstation about the local airport. Apparently, Dad rescued a stranded former student after he landed and he shared the story with us.
Conversing w/DadConversing w/Dieter


Now, this next picture of Dad is not from Thursday but rather from last evening. First, let me remind you of our current weather conditions. Keep in mind that my father-in-law hails from a much warmer and snowless climate.
Reminder...this is outside


Dad kept positioning himself in front of the fireplace. It took me a while to realize that he was warming himself. (It seems that I am a bit slow to catch on to the obvious.) I guess he's not a hardy Northerner anymore!
How to stay warm

And I'm going to also assume that my mother-in-law is glad that she's not up here in the cold!

No comments: