Saturday, April 26, 2008

2008 Tour of the Battenkill

One week ago today, 1000+ cyclists converged on our little corner of the world to ride Dieter's course. It was unseasonable warm and dry but 700 or so persevered to finish. Below are some of the photos that were sent to Dieter taken by spectators and professional photographers. I hope that they give you a good feel for the day.

This is my domain Saturday morning. 30 volunteers are needed to check everyone in. I had great crew this year - they did a fantastic job.
IMG_6593

This is the chief referee sending off a field of riders.
.IMG_6648

There they go.
IMG_6657

Here are the Pro/1/2/3 women at the start. The Advil rider on the right won the field.
Élisa-Gagnon-et-Anna-Milkow

Dave Kraus, a local photographer, snapped this photo of the women and it was in one of the local papers. (If I was the woman in the red, I don't think I'd be too happy about that.)
DSC_0207

These guys look too relaxed - this must be a pre-race photo.
IMG_6629

I chatted with these two juniors Friday night. ( A couple of nice young men who survived the course & say that they are coming back next year.)
Les-deux-junior-au-départ

Here a Team Director for one of the Pro teams is unloading their bikes...
Steve-B.-busy

and the team before the race.
IMG_6605

An up-close shot of a pro's bike.
M.-Walters-bike

Another rider before the race.
Kevin-Lacombe

Finally, out on the road.
IMG_6309

IMG_9973

IMG_9933

jennyivestob2008

DSC_0569

This photo pretty much sums up how we all felt at the end of the day - bushed, beat up and ready for some rest. Until next year, that is.
DK DSC_0515

(For more photos, click here . Be prepared to sit & look for a while - they really are that good.)

No comments: