Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hello again...

I can't believe that it has been 2 months since I've posted new pictures and let you all know what we are up to. We've been so busy that I don't know where to start...and, to tell the truth, I don't think you'd really want to know what we've been doing. Let's just say that our day-to-day life isn't exciting - it's just very full.

So, to get back into the swing of things, I'll share a few of my favorite pictures. Let's start with the County Fair. I managed to drag my children AND my husband to 5 days of farm fun. (Gotta make that season pass worthwhile!) Of course, they all gravitated to the rides. One-hit-wonders that they are, my children would have won the prize for "Most Bumper Car rides at a Fair" if there was such an award.

Liam was particularly excited. He was finally tall enough to get his own bumper car!
9-10-08 175

Dieter even took a turn. You know, Wyatt had to 'bump' him.
9-10-08 179

Meanwhile, Levi sat outside and cried. He has a few more years to go until it's his turn.
9-10-08 183

Don't fret. His momma didn't let him sob for long. He was easily distracted by this:
9-10-08 1869-10-08 187

He finally did get his own ride.
9-10-08 229

Dagny was the only one who ventured beyond the bumper cars.
9-10-08 231

9-10-08 241

Eowyn spent the fair trying to get out of her stroller. Poor thing.
Eowyn trying to escape

There's been a few bike races. One was a downtown crit in the August heat. It was quite a lot of fun. Short and sweet - my kind of bike race.

Dieter was pretty relaxed at the start.
9-10-08 203

This is the guy that caught my eye, though. The ears...
9-10-08 202

Dieter, with one lap to go, checking out who was behind him.
9-10-08 212

I would be remiss if I didn't share some photos from our annual vacation in the Adirondacks.

Wyatt's ritual jump off of the dock.
2008_09200042

Dieter, as you've never seen him before. (Yes, he really is asleep.)
2008_09200068

That big brown mutt above is Pancake, our new dog.

He was kind enough to pose for his official family portrait.
2008_09200170

The loons put in a brief appearance. We only saw three this year. (In years past, we've counted up to 18 at one time.)
2008_09200075

We couldn't keep Levi out of the water.
2008_09200181

Dinnertime at Woodhaven.
2008_09200104

Liam.
2008_09200207

My soda drinker...
2008_09200160

taking a break from that soda to play in the sand.
2008_09200126

The 2008 Canoe/Paddleboat War. Winner not yet determined.
2008_09200289

Levi, waiting to go home.
2008_09200346

Well, that's all for now.

No comments: